The YMCA of Moose Jaw receives a $13,000 Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund grant
Moose Jaw, January 24, 2019
The YMCA of Moose Jaw is very pleased to announce a contribution of $13,000 from the 2018 Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund, enabling three youth workers to become Licensed Trainers of the FRIENDS Resilience Training program.
“At the YMCA we believe that everyone’s wellbeing matters and are proud to be able to extend support of both mental and physical health to our community encompassing a holistic approach,” says Angie Publicover, Acting Manager of Community Initiatives & Administration. “Thank you to Bell Let’s Talk for supporting our FRIENDS program.”
Developed in Australia, FRIENDS, is a world-renowned youth-based program focusing on preventing childhood anxiety and depression using proven cognitive behavioral principles and building emotional resilience.
“Bell Let's Talk is pleased to support the YMCA of Moose Jaw to train youth workers to become FRIENDS trainers and help children and youth in the community,” said Mary Deacon, Chair of Bell Let's Talk. “Having doubled the annual Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund to $2 million in 2018, we are helping some 120 organizations in communities across Canada, like The YMCA of Moose Jaw, that are helping to make a difference for young people affected by mental illness.”
Once trained, YMCA staff will provide facilitator training for at least 15 teachers and support workers in the Holy Trinity and the Prairie South School Divisions.
The YMCA of Moose Jaw is excited to facilitate training for the following programs in our community:
· Fun Friends (Ages 4 – 7) : Positive Social Development
· Friends For Life (Ages 8 – 11) : Inspiring Confidence & Emotional Strength
· My Friends Youth (Aged 12 – 15) : Building Positive Peer & Family Relationships
· Adults Resilience (Aged 16 – 18+) : Resilience Programs for all Adults
Bell Let’s Talk Day is January 30
The Bell Let’s Talk initiative promotes Canadian mental health with national awareness and anti-stigma campaigns like Bell Let’s Talk Day on January 30, and significant Bell funding of community care and access, research and workplace leadership initiatives. On Bell Let’s Talk Day, Bell will donate 5 cents to Canadian mental health programs for each of the following interactions, at no extra cost to participants:
· Talk: Every mobile call and every long distance call made by Bell wireless and phone customers
· Text: Every text message sent by Bell wireless customers
· Facebook: Every view of the Bell Let’s Talk Day video at Facebook.com/BellLetsTalk and use of the Bell Let’s Talk frame
· Instagram: Every Bell Let’s Talk Day video view at Instagram.com/bell_letstalk
· Snapchat: Every use of the Bell Let’s Talk filter and video view
To learn more, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk.
To become a FRIENDS Facilitator or for further information, community members are encouraged to call Angie Publicover at 306-692-0688 ext: 2 or email email@example.com.
About The YMCA of Moose Jaw
The Moose Jaw and Region YMCA is a charitable, community-based association of volunteers and staff working together to build a caring, healthy community in which all people achieve personal growth in spirit, mind and body.