Early Years Programmer
Job Title: Early Years Programmer
Direct Report: Early Years Family Resource Centre Coordinator
Status: Part Time Permanent
Hours: 10 per week
Rate of Pay: $11 per hour
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Ashley Florent (email@example.com) no later than August 15, 2016.
Nature & Scope
This position will be responsible for the implementation of Early Years Programming as assigned. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to program plan, implement and execute a wide range of programming for children ages 0-5.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To serve each parent and child with prompt, courteous and friendly service when they visit the YMCA.
- To consistently respond to parent’s concerns in a positive and supportive manner.
- To observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- To be responsible for the safety and security of children:
- Document visitors including, name, time of visit
- Monitor all entrances and exits at all times
- Respond to first aid and emergency situations as required
- Ensure children are playing safely with age appropriate toys
- Complete incident and accident report forms when necessary.
- To actively work towards maintaining a neat, clean, and well organized area at all times:
- Check for health and safety hazards at all times when on duty;
- Clean the space and toys consistently;
- To plan, implement and facilitate programs for ages 0-5
- MUST be able to work weekends and evenings
- To adhere to YMCA Child Protection policies and procedures.
- To comply with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Communication: The ability to give and gather information and to actively manage the communication process.
- Problem Solving: Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses, and implementing them.
- Communication Skills: The candidate will be required to communicate with children, parents and other staff in a professional and welcoming manner. They will have the ability to speak to and instruct groups of children in a manner that engages their participation and plan activities that are based on the children's interests.
- Organizational Skills: The candidate will be required to plan and deliver a variety of programs, track attendances and registration statistics.
- Computer Skills: The candidate will be efficient in using Microsoft Office software.
- Time Management: The candidate must be able to multi-task efficiently manage time and duties.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-2 years’ experience working with children ages 0-5 years
- Completed at least some post-secondary
- Basic computer skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- First Aid & CPR Level C
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Checkissued no later than 6 months preceding your start date