Membership Service Representative & Childminder
Job Title: Membership Service Representative & Childminder
Direct Report: Supervisor of Membership Services- Salina Marceau
Status: Temporary Part time (evenings, weekends and early mornings)
Hours: to be determined
Rate of Pay: $10.75 per hour
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to Salina Marceau (email@example.com) no later than 5pm on August 31, 2016.
Nature & Scope
The Membership Sales & Service Representative is part of a team that ensures all key indicators of sales and customer service are met and/or exceeded. The Membership Sales and Service team ensures all members and potential members receive excellent service and accurate information, leading to an improved experience as a member of the YMCA of Moose Jaw.
The nature and scope of the Childminding position is to support the YMCAs values, mission and vision while providing excellent care to children in a safe, clean and comfortable environment, as well as, communicating to parents and children and making them feel welcome and accepted at the YMCA Health & Fitness Child Minding Facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- To achieve planned results through personal initiative with the Association's guidelines and policies.
- To follow and practice the Sam 2.0 guidelines in everyday responsibilities.
- To greet each member, participant, potential member, volunteer and staff with a smile, using their name whenever possible and as often as possible.
- To provide assistance and information to each member, participant, potential member, volunteer and staff.
- To promote membership sales, services and programs in a positive and professional manner:
- provide sales tours and invite prospective members to join
- provide program and membership information
- act proactively to develop positive relationships with participants, peers, volunteers and parents
- before each shift, review the forum to update yourself on current programs, services, special events, etc.
- strive to stay informed and up to date on all YMCA programs and services
- To work consistently on day to day tasks throughout shift:
- washing, drying, folding and storing laundry to their proper locations
- completing two or more tasks from the to-do list
- cleaning as necessary
- To serve each member, participant, potential member, volunteer and staff with prompt, courteous service when they visit the YMCA in person or call on the phone.
- To maintain confidentiality in all matters related to membership and the YMCA as a whole.
- To work efficiently and proactively with all departments to ensure excellent communication regarding all programs and services.
- To support and work as part of a staff/volunteer team to ensure excellent customer service.
- To consistently respond to members/participants concerns in a positive and supportive manner.
- To be responsible for the safety and security of members/participants:
- respond to first aid and emergency situations as required
- ensure security of keys as issued to staff/volunteers
- track member access
- To actively work towards maintaining a neat, clean, safe and well organized area at all times:
- to check for health and safety hazards at all times when on duty;
- to complete incident and accident report forms when necessary.
- To be responsible for the security of cash; to balance cash receipts and floats; and to process a cash out of sales at the end of shift.
- To be in uniform when on duty in compliance with the YMCA dress code.
- To inform your Supervisor of absences 24 hours in advance when possible.
- To attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required.
- To open the facility and/or close the facility when scheduled at the exact time of scheduled hours of operation.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- To ensure compliance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person's YMCA experience.
Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
Problem Solving: Identifies an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses, and implementing them.
Teamwork: Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness.
Initiative: Does the right thing at the right time without being asked.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Customer Service Experience
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Excellent organizational and inter-personal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than 6 months preceding your start date.
- Valid First Aid & CPR Level C